Thursday, February 5, 2009

Red Snapper everywhere

We have been running STATE WATER SNAPPER TRIPS.I can run these trips all year long until they change the rules again.The big head boat companies can not do this with their federally permitted boats.Because of stricter limits on head boats and commercial fishing ,the RED SNAPPER POPULATION HAS EXPLODED.We can now easily limit out on snapper really fast and get some big ones too!
I have not caught a small snapper in a while .The state regulations will let you keep 4 snapper per person. I can carry up to 6 customers on my boat.If you split that between 6 then the cost of a head boat trip is the same ,especially if they have a FUEL FEE.
I have also been catching some really nice trout in Baffin Bay on Berkley Gulps .The biggest trout I have seen in a while was a 32" 10 lb.trout.If you are after Reds they are here and catching lots of them and Black drum in sailboat channel.
Be careful if you are running a boat in the NO-PROP SCARRING ZONES .The game wardens are setting and watching really close and will give you a ticket.

No comments: