Friday, February 20, 2009

Booking a Trip

If you want to book a trip we require a credit card ,or a 100.00 deposit before we confirm a date.It is not held for you until this has happened .There is a 100.00 charge if you cancel or no show me.I put in a lot of hours before and after each and every trip.
I will get up at least two hours before the trip and buy bait,at least 50.00 each trip.Sometimes 75.00to 100.00 in live bait .This bait cannot be returned if you do not show.It will simply die.After the trip I clean fish ,Clean boat ,rods,anchors,and not to mention about fixing things on the boat.A boat has lots of problems especially around saltwater.I have insurance on my boat ,liability ,and on my truck that I use .This does not pay for fishing lures ,hooks ,line,anchors,ropes, ,weights,or fishing rods and reels dropped overboard.
This does not cover advertising lost wages or because somebody cheated me.I do not ask for a tip but it is very appreciated .Tips usually are 50.00 to 100.00 for a good day.
It is a nice way to scratch out a living and no I am not getting rich.There are weeks in the winter where I go with out trip but the boat payments still come in,as do the bills and food too.I go out when it is the only day you have to go fishing no matter what the moon phase or weather and expect to catch fish.I can hook fish up and hand the rod off only to lose the fish .I still get blamed for no fish.I can work the lures and catch them ,but try to teach somebody else how to do it.I will explain what the fish are doing to help you understand how to catch them and for your later trips without me.
If you can not afford my prices ,I understand i have been there too.You can book with a head boat in Port A for a cheaper trip .
I GUARANTEE A GOOD TIME AND TO CATCH FISH NOT A LIMIT OF FISH.I do better than most guides and when we limit out I do not run back to the dock,I keep fishing for other species.I usually stay later and give you extra time.

No comments: