Thursday, October 15, 2009

Reds biting at jetties not much red tide

Went out today caught a 14" gag grouper and a keeper trout really quick at the Fina Docks on live perch. Moved to the Lydia Ann Channel to try and find some Flounder.Hung 3 but could not get them to eat it all the way. I then went to the South Jetty .Several boats were already there catching lots of reds. I caught a 28 " ,then 6 more over 40". Two big 40"reds at the same time and I was the only one in the boat. Went to the north side of the north jetty. Caught 4 more keepers .Only kept 3 reds.Lots of mullet all over the north jetty.The red tide still was not at the jetties yet.I saw no dead fish anywhere.I did not run south because the waves were too high.
Brad and I saw red tide at the jetties 3 weeks ago and reported it ,but it went away.At that time there was no fish kill at all.

No comments: