Saturday, June 14, 2008

13th cont.

Got out the slip at 1:00pm trolled to the jetties ,no hits.Drifted outside the jetties and got some big bites .They lost 3 fish quick ,one really big SMOKER KING.Kept drifting and landed a 15# jack  and a 5 ' sandbar shark .Put out a two pound live mullet on a 6/0 reel .It got bit in half immediately with almost spooling the reel.Fish got off bent both 7/0 hooks on a kingfish leader. then got 5 bites at once .Lost one 5 ' sandbar ,broke the wire. One was a 5' TARPON got him to the boat then the hooks pulled while I was helping with 4 other BIG  fish on.Finally got a nice 5' sandbar in the boat .Two lines crossed while they were playing the fish ,Line sapped as I was telling them to lower the rod when he lifted it causing the break.All this time I am doing this my deckhand is curled up in the corner puking .Then after the RODEO ,I tied on a BIG shark leader put on a 5# bait dropped it on a 6/0 .got bit again then I knew really quick we was not going to catch that one .He was just too big ,so we put the rod it the holder until he bent 1 hook and broke the other.Got back to the dock and got more 6/0 reels for Saturday.

No comments: